Friday 6 January 2012

20 days to go

Frequency by Alex Cotterell, Will Kendrick, Lumen and OCD. Photograph by Edward Lockyer.

Just under three weeks to go until Illuminate Bath. I'm so excited to see everything come together after all the planning and preparation. Predictably whenever I get busy with work I tend to neglect my blog. The festival  takes over and it's a struggle to keep up with my other projects. The next few weeks are likely to be a whirlwind of site meetings, risk assessments, finance and last minute issues to sort out.

I'm really proud of the programme that we've put together. I think the festival showcases a range of original, playful and accessible artworks, created by internationally renowned, as well as local artists, university students and Bath school children. We're working with a lot of student volunteers to deliver the festival. I hope that the experience will inspire them to get involved in more arts projects and events and organise their own in the future.

This photo above is of Frequency, a new light installation in the Roman Baths. The balcony area of the baths will open for audiences to view the artwork  for free on two nights. We're already getting some good media coverage, such as this article in Venue . Let's hope lots of people hear about the festival and brave the January weather to come to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment