Wednesday 8 June 2011

The glamorous world of arts/ event management



People sometimes ask me what my job involves on a day to day basis, so I thought I’d take this opportunity to give a brief snap shot of what I’ve been working on today.

First off I met with the Arts Development officer at the local Council. We discussed my plans for the next Illuminate Bath in January 2012 (including creative content, funding applications, marketing, and who else I should consult with etc) as well as other activity planned in Bath for 2012.

Back at the office I sent some emails and wrote a new ‘To do list’. At lunchtime I met up with someone from a local digital agency to talk about our new festival website. We considered the kinds of features it should have and agreed a rough schedule for the work. I spent the afternoon drafting a commissioning agreement for an artist, before thinking that it was really about time I updated my blog.

So there you have it, my day in a nutshell. It’s not exactly glamorous but I enjoy it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment